Sutro Wines – 2014 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- A virtual winery run by Eliot and Alice Sutro out of their little vineyard cottage at Warnecke Ranch and Vineyard where the grapes are sourced. The grapes are crushed and processed at Medlock Ames where they have full control of the winemaking.
- No public tasting room, but Alice hosts vineyard tours at Warnecke Ranch (30 min nature hike and vineyard tour) and follows it up with a 3 wine tasting flight and meat/cheese platter at Jimtown Store or SHED.
- Produces about 500 cases annually
2014 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- 442 cases produced
- 93% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot
- 29 months French and Hungarian oak, 20% new
This impenetrably dark wine is obviously super-extracted. It’s extraordinarily rich in flavor, in the modern ripe style, with masses of black currants, blackberry jam and mocha flavors, made firm by a tangy minerality. The oak is in keeping with the wine’s size. The structure is very fine, with minutely ground, silky tannins. There’s a nice bite of acidity to counter the rich fruit. The finish is long and spicy. Absolutely delicious and complex now, it should hold well into the future. Textbook Alexander Valley Cab, softer than Napa but every bit as good.
By law, we are not able to ship wine to all states. We cannot currently ship to the following states: AL, AR, DE, KY, MS, MT, NH, OK, RI, SD, UT, VT.
Laws vary state to state and change frequently. If you wish to send a package to one of the listed states, please Contact Us before placing an order.